Sumycin is an antibiotic that attacks certain types of bacteria. Tetracycline is the main component in Sumycin.
Sumycin is an antibiotic that works on a wide variety of bacteria and bacterial infections. It is used to reduce the effects of acne, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and urinary tract infections among others. Sumycin functions by prohibiting the protein synthesis in bacteria that enter the body. This prevents the bacteria from being able to able to reproduce and spread throughout the body. The weakening of the bacteria allows the body’s natural defenses—the immune system—to get rid of the pathogens. Tetracycline is effective against gram positive as well as gram negative bacteria.
It also works against bacteria that is sensitive to the effects of tetracycline.
Sumycin can be taken with certain anti-ulcer drugs. This can help to reduce the presence of ulcers in the stomach.
Sumycin can only successful in diminishing the indications of bacterial infections. It cannot reduce or cure conditions that have been caused by viral agents.
Using Sumycin on a regular basis or when it is not required can reduce how helpful it is in getting rid of bacteria.
A physician will instruct you on the proper dosage of Sumycin. You should not take Sumycin in doses that are different from what has been prescribed.
Sumycin is an antibiotic that should be consumed orally.
The exact dosage of Sumycin differs according to the disease that it has been approved for. The most common dosage of Sumycin is 500mg. This dose is typically taken four times a day for a period of seven to ten days.
You should refrain from taking more than 500mg of Sumycin in a single dose. If you have missed a previous dosage, you should only substitute it if your next dose is not due soon.
Consuming a surplus of Sumycin may result in nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea. These are all indications of an overdose.
The presence of unpleasant reactions is a possibility when taking Sumycin. Here is how you can identify these side effects:
Dermatitis of the vulva
Issues with digestion
Increased sensitivity to sunlight
Cramping of the stomach
If any of these attributes continue or worsen, you should call your attending physician.
Pregnant women should not take Sumycin as it increases the risk of the unborn fetus developing certain health risks.
Similarly, Sumcyin can pass through breast milk and may cause physical deformities in a young child.
Children below the age of eight should not be given Sumycin as it can have certain physical irregularities and disrupt development.
Do not take Sumycin if you are hypersensitive to any ingredient in the antibiotic. You should also not consume Sumycin if you are allergic to any form of tetracycline.
Sumycin results in increased sensitivity of the skin. This means that you should limit the amount of time that you spend in the sunlight. You should also not expose yourself to artificial forms of UV light.
Vitamins, supplements and other over the counter medication should not be taken when soon before or after you take Sumycin. These supplements can reduce how effective Sumycin is.